The best Wikipedia experience on your mobile device. Ad-free and free, forever. With the official Wikipedia app, you can search and explore over 40 million articles in over 300 languages, no matter where you are.
== Why you will love this app ==
1. It’s free and open
Wikipedia is the encyclopedia that anyone can edit. Articles on Wikipedia are licensed for free and the application code is 100% open source. The heart and soul of Wikipedia is a community of people who strive to give you unlimited access to free, reliable and neutral information.
2. No ads
Wikipedia is a place to learn, not a place to advertise. This app is created by the Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization that supports and operates Wikipedia. We provide this service in the pursuit of open knowledge that is always ad-free and never tracks your data.
3. Read in your language
Search 40 million articles in over 300 languages in the world’s largest news source. Set your preferred languages in the app and easily switch between them while browsing or reading.
4. Use it offline
Save your favorite articles and read Wikipedia offline with “My Lists”. Name the lists whatever you like and collect articles in different languages. Saved articles and playlists sync across all your devices and are available even when you don’t have an internet connection.
5. Attention to detail and night mode
The app embraces the simplicity of Wikipedia and adds fun to it. A beautiful distraction-free interface lets you focus on the essentials: reading articles. With the adjustment of text size and themes to pure black, dark, sepia or light, you can choose the most enjoyable reading experience for you.
== Broaden your horizon with these features ==
1. Personalize your Explore feed
“Explore” allows you to view recommended Wikipedia content, including current events, popular articles, captivating free licensed photos, events of this day in history, suggested articles based on your reading history, and more.
2. Search and search
Quickly find what you are looking for by searching in articles or with the search bar at the top of the app. You can even search using your favorite emojis or voice search.
== We would love your feedback ==
1. To send comments from the app:
In the menu, tap “Settings”, then “About Wikipedia app”, then “Send app feedback”.
2. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, we welcome your contributions! More information: mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Team/Android/App_hacking
3. By using this application you agree to the automatic transmission of crash reports to a third party service provider. If you want to turn off this feature, tap “Settings” and then turn off “Send Crash Reports” in the Privacy section.
4. Explanation of the permissions required by the application: mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Android_FAQ#Security_and_Permissions
8. About the Wikimedia Foundation:
The Wikimedia Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization that supports and manages Wikipedia and other Wiki projects. It is mainly funded by donations. For more information, please visit our website: wikimediafoundation.org/