“ProtonMail offers encrypted emails, making it virtually impossible for anyone to read them except the sender and the recipient.” the Wall Street newspaper
ProtonMail is the world’s largest encrypted messaging service with millions of users. ProtonMail secure email app for Android brings easy-to-use email encryption to your mobile device by seamlessly integrating end-to-end PGP encryption. ProtonMail also provides a modern user interface with a full set of innovative features such as customizable swipe gestures and the ability to send expiring emails.
Since we were founded by scientists at CERN in 2013, we have been joined by citizens around the world who support our mission to protect privacy online. Our mobile app was made possible by a record-breaking $ 550,000 donation campaign. With the ProtonMail app you can now create your own free ProtonMail email account and start discovering the secure email of the future.
Why use ProtonMail?
• Make sure your emails remain private and cannot be intercepted or disclosed to third parties
• End-to-end encryption, OpenPGP compatible
• Easy to use: the encryption is done automatically and is completely invisible to the user
• Zero access: all messages are stored in an encrypted format – even ProtonMail cannot read your messages
• Open source: ProtonMail’s encryption is open for inspection by security experts around the world
• Free: ProtonMail is 100% free, no captures. If you like our project, you can donate or upgrade to a premium account
• Swiss confidentiality and neutrality: ProtonMail is hosted entirely in Switzerland, under the protection of the strictest privacy laws in the world.
With the ProtonMail app, you can:
• Create a new protonmail.com email address with automatic creation and management of PGP keys
• Automatically send and receive encrypted emails and attachments
• Set timers for messages to self-destruct after sending
• Quickly organize emails with customizable gestures and labels
• Receive push notification of new emails
• Send encrypted password protected emails to email addresses other than ProtonMail
ProtonMail in the press:
“ProtonMail is a gmail-like messaging system that uses end-to-end encryption, making monitoring impossible for third parties.” Forbes
“A new messaging service being developed by a group at MIT and CERN promises to bring secure, encrypted email to the general public and keep sensitive information safe from prying eyes.” Huffington Post
For more information visit: protonmail.com
Our open source code base: github.com/ProtonMail
To donate, visit: protonmail.com/donate