Packers’ 2021 Draft Pick: Who Picked Green Bay? Full list of NFL Draft selections
Packers have no shortage of needs they can meet – and many choices to work with – in the 2021 NFL Draft.
Green Bay has 10 total picks to use, tied for second in the league. The question is, how will the Packers use them? The offensive line seems to go without saying, although they have some flexibility there. Or they could be looking to improve defense, at any level. Maybe competent players for Aaron Rodgers?
The Packers have a myriad of options moving forward with the 2021 NFL Draft. What coach Matt LaFleur and general manager Brian Gutekunst do with these selections, however, remains to be seen. After all, who saw Green Bay trade the first last year for Rodgers’ alleged heir?
With that, here’s all the outlook for Green Bay’s 2021 NFL Draft, including picks, draft needs, and mock picks:
Packers’ 2021 Draft Pick: When Does Green Bay Pick?
- Round 1, choice n ° 29: Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
- 2nd round, choice n ° 62: Josh Myers, C, Ohio State
- Round 3, choice n ° 85: Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson
- Round 4, choice n ° 142: Royce Newman, OT, Ole Miss
- Round 5, choice n ° 173: Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida
- Round 5, choice n ° 178: Shemar Jean-Charles, CB, Appalachian State
- Round 6, choice n ° 214: Cole Van Lanen, occupational therapist, Wisconsin
- Round 6, choice n ° 220: Isaiah McDuffie, LB, Boston College
- Round 7, choice n ° 256: Kylin Hill, RB, State of Mississippi
Packers 2021 order project
|4||37 (142)||Compensatory selection|
|5||34 (178)||Compensatory selection|
|6||36 (220)||Compensatory selection|
Needs of Packers NFL Draft
- Offensive line: Corey Linsley left Green Bay in free agency and left tackle David Bakhtiari suffered a left ACL tear at the end of the 2020 campaign. The Packers have flexibility along the line, allowing them to either recruit someone. one to replace Linsley right away (like Alabama center Landon Dickerson) or at the tackle station.
- Defensive line: The tackle on the nose of the Pro Bowl is the bright spot on an otherwise average defensive line. Will the Packers choose an inside assist in his place or will they be looking more for a passing passing specialist? Either way, have the Packers make the first line of defense a major draft target area.
- Cornerback: The Packers have fired their top five side players as of 2020, but it’s more of a long-term perspective: Kevin King has only signed a one-year contract and Green Bay needs someone. one more consistent to help Jaire Alexander in the background.
Green Bay Packers laugh at the 2021 draft
Here are the latest 2021 NFL Draft projections for the Packers, according to Vinnie Iyer’s Seven Tower Simulation Project:
|1||29 (29)||Greg Newsome II||CB||North West|
|2||30 (62)||Tylan wallace||WR||Oklahoma State|
|3||28 (92)||James hudson||OT||Cincinnati|
|4||30 (135)||Garret Wallow||KG||TCU|
|4||37 (142)||Ihmir Smith-Marsette||WR||Iowa|
|5||29 (173)||Chris evans||RB||Michigan|
|5||34 (178)||Robert Rochell||CB||Central Arkansas|
|6||30 (214)||Dan Moore Jr.||OT||Texas A&M|
|6||36 (220)||Malcolm koonce||EDGE||Buffalo|
|7||29 (256)||Shrimp Cheese||LS||Michigan|