NBA Twitter criticizes Lakers for allowing Anthony Davis to play in Game 6: “He should never have been there”
Why was Anthony Davis even on the pitch to start Game 6? Many NBA fans and analysts asked this question Thursday night.
The Lakers star was cleared to play against the Suns by the team’s medical staff, but it became evident at the start of the competition that he did not have his normal level of mobility. Davis, battling a left groin injury he suffered earlier in the series, struggled to move up and down the field, let alone attacking the basket or defending the Phoenix guards on the switches. .
Just five minutes and 25 seconds into Game 6, the Lakers were forced to replace Davis, who was in tremendous pain.
TNT analyst Grant Hill called the Lakers on the Game 6 broadcast, saying Davis had “no business to do there.” Many Twitter users agreed with the Hall of Famer.
Anthony Davis comes out and he is kneeling by the bench. Her night should be over. He never looked good.
– Arash Center (@ArashMarkazi) June 4, 2021
– Martinelli’s fan account (@NekiasNBA) June 4, 2021
Respect AD for trying, but it was madness for the Lakers to let him
– John Hollinger (@johnhollinger) June 4, 2021
they should never have put it there in the first place
– Tony Jones (@Tjonesonthenba) June 4, 2021
Pretty awful look for the Lakers to let Anthony Davis play. What world could he play games in if 5 minutes of action had doubled him in pain? Malpractice
– Ti Windisch (@TiWindisch) June 4, 2021
AD had nothing to do there. Protect a player from himself
– Vincent Goodwill (@VinceGoodwill) June 4, 2021
AD should never have been there !! 🤬🤬🤬🤬
– Just Shy Openly Black (@SharonShyBrown) June 4, 2021
Los Angeles later announced that Davis was questionable to come back, which sparked a new round of criticism that there was no reason for him to resume the game.
The Lakers officially say Anthony Davis is questionable about returning. I don’t know why there is a question.
– Dave McMenamin (@mcten) June 4, 2021
Questionable coming back … it’s a favor for Davis.
He tried, but it’s an injury that takes weeks to recover.
– Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) June 4, 2021
“Anthony Davis is questionable to return”
* cut to davis on a bench in bathrobe and slippers reading a newspaper *
– Russ Bengtson (@russbengtson) June 4, 2021
It looks like the Lakers will finish Game 6 without Davis’ services, but it doesn’t matter who is on the pitch for LA with how Phoenix started Game 6. The Suns sprinted for a 36-14 lead behind 22 points. . first trimester of Devin Booker.