Carlo Ancelotti: Real Madrid want Everton manager to return to replace Zinedine Zidane | Football News

Carlo Ancelotti: Real Madrid want Everton manager to return to replace Zinedine Zidane |  Football News


Real Madrid want to rename Carlo Ancelotti as manager after making Everton boss their No.1 pick to replace Zinedine Zidane.

Ancelotti previously coached Real between 2013 and 2015 and led the club to victory in the 2014 Champions League final against rivals Atletico Madrid.

He also guided Real to the Copa del Rey, UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup glory that year, but was sacked in 2015 after finishing the season without a major trophy.

However, the Spanish giants are keen for Ancelotti to return after Zidane – who was himself in his second term as club manager – resigned last week.

The former Real player left his post after seeing his side fail to win a trophy last season. Zidane said on Monday he chose to leave because the club “no longer has the self-confidence that I need”.







0:28

Spanish football journalist Alvaro Montero says Zinedine Zidane is ‘unpredictable’ after stepping down as Real Madrid head coach for the second time

After leaving the Bernabeu, Ancelotti coached Bayern Munich and Napoli before joining Everton in December 2019.

He stabilized the ship at Goodison Park after replacing Marco Silva mid-season, then overseeing the Toffees’ push to European qualifying this campaign.

However, Everton’s season has been undermined by their consistently poor home form – they’ve won just six matches at their own stadium in the Premier League – which ultimately saw them finish 10th.

Ancelotti has been linked with a Real Madrid return for several weeks, but earlier this month he dismissed the reports as “bogus”.

“It’s good publicity for me to be linked with Real Madrid, but it’s not true,” he said. “I’m really happy to stay here.

“We have a hard time of course, but I feel good at Everton and my goal is to make Everton better and better every year.”

Everton’s summer transfer plans analyzed

The transfer window opens on June 9, but after seeing early promises fade away, what must Everton do this summer?

What positions are Everton targeting?

Everton will look to provide more cover for Dominic Calvert-Lewin this summer following Josh King’s limited impact following his January move from Bournemouth.

The club will make a decision on the future of forward Moise Kean, whose successful loan to Paris Saint-Germain was agreed without an option to buy.

Moise Kean has scored 11 goals in 18 games for PSG thanks to his one-season loan from Everton
Picture:
Moise Kean’s Everton’s future uncertain as he prepares to return from PSG loan

The Merseysiders are keen to extend goalkeeper Robin Olsen’s stay with his own Roma loan deal at the end. The Sweden international has been a good substitute for Jordan Pickford when he was called up this season.

Carlo Ancelotti has also been targeting a successor for club captain Seamus Coleman since last summer, with Norwich right-back Max Aarons on their shortlist and available for around £ 30million.

Theo Walcott made a permanent change at Southampton, but Everton are likely to offload Yannick Bolasie this summer to make way for another wide offensive player to provide competition across the front line.



ApkGeo News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *