Cardinals’ 2021 Draft Pick: Who Took Arizona? Full list of NFL Draft selections
The Cardinals enter the 2021 NFL Draft without too much capital.
Arizona have a pair of first picks at 16 and 49 overall, but not much else after that. They will have a fifth round mid-round pick and then a pair of seventh round picks. This is the result of trading for a few high profile players over the past few years.
The Cardinals are without a third-round pick after trading with the Raiders for Rodney Hudson. Their 4th round pick is gone, which is the result of their trade with the Texans for DeAndre Hopkins. The Cardinals’ sixth-round pick was traded to the Giants in exchange for Markus Golden.
Below is a more in-depth look at the Cardinals’ five NFL Draft picks and what they could do with those picks.
Cardinals’ 2021 Draft Pick: Who Took Arizona?
- Round 1, choice n ° 16: Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
- 2nd round, choice n ° 49: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
- Round 5, choice n ° 136: Marco Wilson, CB, Florida
- Round 6, choice n ° 210: Victor Dimukeje, EDGE, duke
- Round 6, choice n ° 223: Tay Gowan, CB, UCF
- Round 7, choice n ° 243: James Wiggins, S, Cincinnati
- Round 7, choice n ° 247: Michal Menet, C, Penn State
Draft decree Cardinals 2021
NFL Cardinals Draft Needs
- Cornerback: The Cardinals lost Patrick Peterson in free will to the Vikings. Last year, CBs Dr Kirkpatrick and Johnathan Joseph also became free agents. Arizona added Malcolm Butler in free agency this year, but the rest of the depth graph isn’t too appealing. There’s also a chance Arizona will cut Robert Alford to save ceiling space. Cornerback is Arizona’s greatest need.
- Wide receiver: Arizona obviously has DeAndre Hopkins, but the team needs a plan for the future. The Cardinals have added AJ Green in free agency, but he’s only on a one-year contract. Christian Kirk is also expected to become a free agent next year. That leaves their No.2 as Andy Isabella, who has just 413 yards in two seasons. This year’s draft is deep to the wide receiver, so expect Arizona to pull out at some point.
- Tight end: Arizona have lost three of four tight ends in last season’s free agency roster in 2021 (Dan Arnold, Darrell Daniels, Seth DeValve). Maxx Williams is the only tight end of note on the roster, but he hasn’t had much production in his NFL career and is set to become a free agent next year.
Arizona Cardinals simulate 2021 draft
Here are the latest projections from the 2021 NFL Draft for the Cardinals, according to Vinnie Iyer’s Seven Tower Simulation Project:
|2||49||Javonte williams||RB||A C|
|5||160||Paddy fisher||KG||North West|
|7||243||Shaka toney||EDGE||Penn State|
|7||247||Tre Walker||WR||San Jose State|