Broncos’ 2021 Draft Pick: Who Took Denver? Full list of NFL Draft selections
Don’t look now, but the Denver Broncos actually have a pretty good roster. They have a lot of good offensive weapons, solid blocking, and a well-trained defense that seems especially strong at the back.
Of course, they’re missing a key position that contenders need: a quarterback. Drew Lock has yet to live up to his second-round billing and his third season will be a landmark year. Lock was a roller coaster ride for Broncos fans last year, and trading for Teddy Bridgewater is not a significant improvement.
Vic Fangio’s side will be looking to avoid those pitfalls this year and if Lock or Bridgewater improve they could become a playoff team. The question is whether or not they will be positioned to land a top passer in the 2021 NFL Draft at the last end of the top 10.
Here’s a look at the Broncos’ picks in the 2021 NFL Draft:
Broncos’ 2021 Draft Pick: Who Took Denver?
- Round 1, choice n ° 9: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
- 2nd round, choice n ° 35: Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina
- Round 3, choice n ° 98: Quinn Meinerz, OG, Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Round 5, choice n ° 152: Caden Sterns, S, Texas
- Round 5, choice n ° 164: Jamar Johnson, S, Indiana
- Round 6, choice n ° 219: Seth Williams, WR, Auburn
- Round 7, choice n ° 237: Kary Vincent Jr., CB, LSU
- Round 7, choice n ° 239: Jonathan Cooper, DE, Ohio State
- Round 7, choice n ° 253: Marquiss Spencer, DE, State of Mississippi
Broncos 2021 NFL Draft Order
|2||3 (from Falcons)|
|6||3 (from Falcons)|
Needs of Broncos NFL Draft
- Strategist: The Broncos have an offense that seems layered, but is Drew Lock the answer? He’s averaged one interception per game over his NFL career and is tied for the league lead in interceptions (15) despite playing just 13 games last year. Denver also traded for Teddy Bridgewater as deemed insurance if a top QB doesn’t drop to No.9.
- Offensive tackle: Demar Dotson is a 35-year-old free agent. The Broncos need to add a young right tackle to the Garret Bolles bookend fold.
- Defensive tackle: The Jurrell Casey experiment was unsuccessful last year. The Broncos must add another contributor along their defensive line alongside Shelby Harris.
- Linebacker: The Broncos could use a true three-way linebacker to team up with Alexander Johnson. Josey Jewell was solid last year, but if the team could find a better cover option to partner with him, their linebacker unit would look excellent.
- Edge rusher: Von Miller and Bradley Chubb make a good on-board duo. Miller missed all of last year with an ankle injury, however, and the team didn’t have much depth to position behind them.
Broncos simulated draft 2021
Here are the latest projections from the 2021 NFL Draft for the Broncos, according to Vinnie Iyer’s Seven Tower Simulation Project:
|1||9||Justin fields||QB||Ohio state|
|5||8||Khalil Herbert||RB||Virginia Tech|
|7||11||Drew dalman||G / C||Stanford|
|7||26||Jaylon moore||OT||Western Michigan|