Melina Palmer is the founder and CEO of The Brainy Business, which provides behavioral economics consulting to businesses of all sizes worldwide. Her podcast, The Brainy Business: Understanding the Psychology of Why People Buy, has downloads in over 170 countries and is used as a resource for teaching applied behavioral economics to many universities and businesses. She teaches applied behavioral economics through the Texas A&M Human Behavior Lab and writes a column on behavioral economics for Inc Magazine. Her first book, What Your Customer Wants and Can’t Tell You, was published in May 2021 and was a finalist in two categories of the International Book Awards. Her second book, What Your Employees Need and Can’t Tell You, is out now! Find out more at thebrainybusiness.com.
Christy Ford is the co-founder of The Scout Guide. She started her career as a photographer and later moved to Charlottesville, opening a Georgian antique and home store with her mother. As the business grew, Christy realized there was a lack of successful advertising opportunities for local small businesses. She was driven to find a solution, so The Scout Guide was born. Today she and her partner have more than 79 cities where their franchise publications are printed and shared to support the local business community. Christy leads creative direction and branding across the business. For more information, you can check out TheScoutGuide.com.
Tracey Gordon has served as a pillar of change for Philadelphian constituents for over 20 years. Her organizing and legislative success as a block captain and committeewoman in her modest Southwest Philadelphia neighborhood have propelled her from the ranks of local grassroots leadership and advocacy to an established city-wide activist. Now she serves at Philadelphia’s first African American Register of Wills. To learn more, go to phila.gov/wills.
Three amazing guests – Melina Palmer, Christy Ford, and Tracey L. Gordon – join me simultaneously for a fun, lighthearted, rapid-fire round of my favorite business questions.
We get their opinions on business tools, old-school marketing tips, and great books for aspiring business owners.
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- A fun, fast-paced round of questioning.
- Our guests’ favorite podcasts.
- Their favorite business app.
- Their favorite old-school marketing tip.
- Plus a few other questions about great resources for up-and-coming business leaders.
- BossQuiz: https://bossquiz.com/
- SmallBizLady University: https://smallbizladyuniversity.com/
- The Brainy Business Podcast
- Negotiate Anything by Kwame Christian
- How I Built This
- Million Dollaz Worth of Game
- A More Beautiful Question by Warren Berger
- PowerNomics by Dr. Claud Anderson
- The Success Principles™ by Jack Canfield
- Disrupt You! by Jay Samit
Connect with Melina Palmer:
- Website: https://www.thebrainybusiness.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/thebrainybiz
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/melinapalmer/
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/thebrainybiz
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/thebrainybiz
Connect with Christy Ford:
- Website: https://thescoutguide.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/christy-ford-0101578b/
Connect with Tracey L. Gordon:
- Website: https://www.phila.gov/departments/register-of-wills/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mstraceygordon
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYfWw8B1hPs2vYIDe-tzEag
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!
The post The SmallBizChat Podcast: Hit It & Quit It with Melina Palmer, Christy Ford & Tracey L. Gordon appeared first on Succeed As Your Own Boss.