Using Smartphones in the class will no longer be considered as an punishable offence. Thankfully, smartphone technology has evolved enough to approve the use of phones and tablets in the classroom to turn the boring lecture into an exciting learning system by means of educational mobile apps for teachers and educators.
From expanding the horizon of learning environment to creating lessons, preparing lecture subjects and enhancing student engagement, the learning-oriented mobile apps can help maintain learning even outside the classrooms.
By having a right set of teaching software, teachers and educators can streamline their activities like keeping attendance, recording behavior, engaging students inside and outside the classroom with effective communication with mobile apps.
We have compiled a list of top 20 best apps for teachers and educators to enhance digitally interactive learning.
1. Quizizz : Plan to learn
Quizizz is one of the popular apps for learning at home and in classrooms. Quizzes make your study more interesting. There are millions of teacher-created quizzes on the app & children can compete with friends online. Teachers can make the whole class play together and assign individual homework.
- Customize games for you.
- Track & get timely progress reports.
- Teachers are the quiz masters.
- Integration with learning management systems.
TED serves as a perfect companion for both teachers & educators. Thousands of intriguing sessions by experts can help students to get knowledge & topics to discuss in classrooms.
New educators can plan innovative teaching strategies from the TED contents. Ted helps teachers to bring out an enriched classroom with active students & prepare unique lecture presentations.
- TED talks videos with subtitles.
- TED talks profile to save your favorite sessions.
- Discover enthralling lectures.
- Offline playing is possible.
Pocket is an interactive solution to learn lectures on the go. You can instantly save articles or video content for enhancing your classroom studies.
Teachers can also communicate with students and parents virtually. The latest version provides an offline listening feature where you can hear saved articles without the internet.
- Dark & Sepia themes for night reading.
- Pocket premium unlock advance features
- Eyes-free learning experience
- Multilanguage support
Edx includes lectures taught by educational experts of top universities. Here, you can join a real-time online classroom teaching computer science, mathematics, science & engineering, language, etc. Edx serves as a bonus tool for teachers. Teachers add their courses & from external sources.
- Online classes & certificate courses.
- Intuitive user-friendly interface
- Versatile & curative video classes.
- Simple & easy navigations
5. Study Blue Flashcards & quizzes
Teachers can create flashcards, study materials & interactive sessions on StudyBlue.It can store up to 400+ million flashcards for 10+ million students. Students can also create digital flashcards for free with images & audio contents.
You can view study materials on multiple devices anywhere anytime. Get to know about newer flashcard recommendations of your favorite subjects. You can get connected to your schools, share flashcards with your teacher & classmates in real-time.
- Stay connected with your friends & teachers.
- Unlimited access to over 500+ million study materials
- Quizzes to track your study process.
- Set reminders on bookmarked contents.
Download : Android, iOS
Read Also : 15 Best Apps For College Students 2021
Extramarks is an exciting study platform for students from KG to 12 of CBSE & ICSE boards. Teachers can conduct thorough checks on your learning journey through SNAAP (Students Needs Analysis & Academic Profile) in Extramarks.
An AI study bot Alex helps each student. It’s all in one feature that makes extra marks into one of the best apps for teachers & educators.
- Personalized learning experience
- Monthly subscription packages on study modules.
- Bite-sized modules for hard topics
- Attractive UI with rich animations.
Seesaw is an ideal app for teachers by saving their time. Students do their works themselves & you can just browse good homework for them. They start creating impressive digital portfolios for them.
Teachers and educators can translate notes to 50+ languages & integrate with 100s of other apps. Teachers get a chance to assess each student in a more prior way than real classrooms through seesaw.
- Creative tools for engaging students.
- Real-time digital responses from students.
- Student-driven portfolio
- Student-friendly UI
Edmodo is a convenient app to have multiple communications. Teachers can speak with their students, parents & other fellow teachers.
Edmodo comprises quality tools for teachers to create exciting study materials, make parents updated about a child’s progress, thus an interactive classroom ambiance. Discover useful content & reach out to individual students.
- One place for effective classroom activities.
- Direct messages to students & parents.
- Automatically updated planner.
- Dozens of educational resources.
Evernote is a handy notetaking app beneficial for both teachers & students. Teachers can replace those lengthy printed notes with notes in various formats including audio, videos, PDFs, and more.
Students create separate notebooks for organizing each subject. Parents can also view students’ activities. This transparency of Evernote makes it one of the best apps for teachers & educators.
- Sync your notes on multiple devices.
- Keep track of your exams, assignments, deadlines.
- Easy to use UI
- Subscription plans for premium features.
Epic helps your child to engage in immersive reading habits. They can access over 40,000+ high-quality books & read books of their type. Epic ensures unlimited reading and learning in children from home and at school.
The app is 100% free to teachers & librarians worldwide. They can identify each student’s reading priorities & create customized profiles for them.
Various types of books like audio, video, read along, e-books & read to me books make it unique from its competitors.
- Personalized book recommendations for students.
- No third-party ads.
- Hassle-free Subscription plans.
- Active on multiple devices.
DIKSHA is popular for its enjoyable classroom experience for students, teachers & parents. Teachers can create engaging materials based on the prescribed school curriculum.
Students learn concepts & do activities as directed. Parents can ask doubts along with the following classroom activities. The app provides tutors to join other courses to increase their professional abilities & get certificates.
- Provide high-quality materials for students.
- Enhance problem-solving skills.
- Addition materials on topics
- Support multi-languages & multiple content formats.
Trello enables educators and teachersto have trouble-free project management through apps. They can make students follow the instructions & mark progress on each project stage.
It can be customized for your needs and reduce tensions regarding every detail of a project. By turning on notifications, you can view the minute fabrics of your projects in an organized manner.
- Create & drag cards to follow your project
- Add notes in Trello digital boards
- Flexible & faster operations
- follow your project from idea to action stage
13. Remind: School communication
Remind is an app assuring better communication among teachers & students. Real-time feedback & comments in school or outside schools make students more lively. Teachers can efficiently manage communication between and within the school community.
- Safe & secure communication
- Translation of messages in about 90 languages
- Easy to use app on multiple devices
- Share files, photos & materials from various sites.
14. Tick Tick
Tick Tick is a popular to-do list & planner app. Many teachers rely on TickTick for easy scheduling & reminding about individual sessions.
The app allows customizable profiles so that tutors can make events up-to-date & easy teaching. TickTick makes the whole classroom stay organized & conscious of each activity.
- Subscription per year for the pro version.
- Seamless collaboration with students & parents.
- Make checklists & sort goals by date
- Exciting & simple UI.
15. Noon Academy
Noon academy offers you excellent classes from the world’s best teachers. Students can attend live classes of their teachers & get real-time feedback from them.
Collaborate with your friends like in your classrooms, enjoy doing Homeworks & activities with your friends. Noon academy includes teacher-created contents for grades 4-12 and the university level.
- Student-friendly interface
- Revise lessons through recorded sessions.
- Join teacher’s groups of various regions
- Challenge your friends in solving questions.
Read Also : 15 Best Learning Apps For Kids 2021
Dropbox is very much familiar to us. We have come across this app to backup photos, instantly share large files, etc. It enables tutors to upload files and share them with students in different places.
It can store a great number of files to cloud storage and access files synced with any of your devices. Bye-Bye to paper assignments & dropbox can share your creative work with your teacher and classmates in no time.
- Free dropbox trial & paid services after 30 days.
- Easy sending of large files through link sharing.
- Auto upload of photos and videos to the cloud.
- Convenient & easy navigations.
- Scan documents & convert into PDFs.
Slack is the most preferred solution for team communication. Teachers use slack for assigning group projects and have an unlimited exchange of ideas.
You can set a to-do list for assessing each stage of the project & performance of each student. Students get instant feedback & edited documents from teachers.
- Easy searching for past documents
- Faster communication between students & teachers
- Customised profiles
- Integrate with various services like dropbox, google drive, etc.
ClassDojo is a simple communication app for students, teachers, and parents. One can recreate a beautiful classroom through the app. Children get more activities in their digital portfolios.
Teachers encourage parents’ engagement through announcements & videos. Parents can track the child’s progress and talk with teachers whenever they wish to.
- Encourage students to do activities
- Free app without ads
- Safe & handy communication platform
- Attractive & easy UI
Kahoot is a known app for interactive learning. Kahoot contains thousands of engaging quizzes for teachers, students, and all other learners.
Users can create their quizzes and learn newer things. Teachers can pick out from millions of quiz-based games(kahoots) on any topic. Students can join kahoots live by their favorite teachers.
- Plan student-paced challenges
- Challenge friends with kahoots
- Progress reports of students
- Highly intuitive UI
20. Google classroom
Google Classroom has a hundred million-plus downloads & significant place in the best 20 apps for teachers and educators. Teachers can add every student, directly as in a classroom or by sharing a code to join.
Students view their assignments and notes which get filed in google drive automatically. Whether inside or outside the school, teachers set up classrooms in just a few minutes.
- Enhances effective communication.
- Affordable & no third-party ads
- Paperless assignment workflow saves time
- Learners and instructors stay organized throughout.
Read Also: 15 Best Kids Reading Apps 2021
As we forge ahead in the era of technology, we can see how the next generation of young demographics interact with the digital resources to make their life better and easier.
There is no denial that mobile apps are the future and add power to teachers and educators in tomorrow’s economic and social culture.
These top 20 mobile apps surely follow a quantum leap in existing educational system and help teachers and educators revolutionize their methods of engaging with students.